Sunday 1 September 2013

Back to School Stationery Fix!

I love stationery. I have so much of it - notebooks, pencils, novelty paper clips, staplers, folders, sticky notes... well, everything really! I've always associated September with new stationery from being a student buying school supplies to being a teacher stocking up on pretty things for the new academic year! And with back to school just around the corner, it's been on my mind again. So I thought I'd share some of my favourite finds and makes with you, kind of like therapy so I don't buy it all...

Novelty Animal Stationery

A category I can't resist...

animal stationery


1. Cute Bunny Hole Punch £3.50 Paperchase

2. Morris Memo Holder £10.00 John Lewis

3. Set of 7 Iwako Erasers £3.99 Artbox

4. Handmade Felt Animal Pencil Holders £4.50, Felt So Good Not On The High Street

5. Foxtrot Sticky Notes £5.00  Paperchase

6. Mini Zebra Stapler £3.14  Amazon


Notebooks

I can't get enough of them...

notebooks


1. Sustainable A5 Notebook £2.50 Wilko

2. Moleskin Notebook £4.50  Alfamarama  Etsy

3. Lily Notebook Twin Pack £5.50 Katy Clemmans  Folksy

4. Flamingo Party Notebook £4.99 Nikki Strange Etsy

5. Polka Dot Pink Notebook £3.19  WHSmith

6. A4 Spiral Bound Notebook £5.00 Marks and Spencer


A Special Mention

I saw this in a window display when I was shopping in town and had to go in and look at it up close. It's now on my wishlist (I showed a lot of willpower not buying it straight away... I'm more in control of my stationery addiction now).

Buy Suck UK Pencil Sharpener Desk Tidy Online at johnlewis.com
Suck UK Pencil Sharpener Desk Tidy £15.75 John Lewis


My Stationery Makes

As well as buying stationery I also like to adapt and make my own items. This stamp covered notebook was one I bought and decorated with some used postage stamps (another addiction, but that's another story). I sold some at craft fairs over the summer but made sure I kept one for myself too.

Handmade stamp notebook
Using some of my stash of stamps to make a unique notebook

I was feeling creative one day last year and decided to try and make a notebook from scratch. I cut some blank white paper which I stuck together down the left hand side to make a 'spine' and then made a cover out of cardboard scoring a space for the note paper to fit in. Then I covered the outside of the front and back covers with paper which I folded and secured inside each cover and added some little owls as decoration.

Handmade notebooks


Phew...now I've shared all that I don't feel like I'm missing out on back to school stationery anymore. This 'shopping' by collecting pictures is so much better for my bank balance (although that pencil sharpener desk tidy will be mine soon...)


I also have a Pinterest board dedicated to stationery if you'd like to see more  Feeding My Stationery Addiction

7 comments:

  1. There's nothing quite like a brand new notebook. What is it about them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I buy them and keep them for a while just to look at before I start scribbling in them.

      Delete
  2. I love school supplies! This just makes me happy! I found you through Make the Scene Monday! If you like to link up come over to Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cara, so glad you like it! I'll come an check out your site.

      Delete
  3. Love your collection of ideas / supplies.... I know what you mean about stationery, I can get lost in an office supply store as easily as a craft store... I too collect postage stamps and am so sad that so few people send letters anymore.
    I linked over from the Make the Scene Monday Link Party where I am participating too with Quilled School Bus and Keep Calm Free Printable and would love it if you'd stop by.
    Hugs, Antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Antonella! I'll pop over and have a look!

      Delete
  4. Thanks you for sharing this unique useful information content with us. Really awesome work. keep on blogging a5 spiral-bound notebook

    ReplyDelete